Wow! IW 2018 is already 3 weeks behind us!
We had a record attendance at our sessions with a very full agenda that included many good presentations and resulting discussions. These included:
- An overview to the Guide for Writing Requirements for new members
- An overview of the draft document Integrated Data as a Foundation of SE.
- A presentation and discussion on effective requirement communication (MBSE related)
- A presentation and discussion concerning issues with integrating requirement development & management with modeling activities. (MBSE related)
- A presentation and discussion to mature the concept of information-based approach to Requirement Development & Management (RDM) (MBSE related)
- Several presentations from several tool vendors on capabilities to develop & manage rqmts
- A presentation on knowledge management application to modeling case study during the joint RWG and Ontology WG session.
- Matured the content of an draft extension to the Guide for Writing Requirements to illustrate the process of developing a set of system requirements using a coffee maker case study
- Ask the Experts – we set aside time to address issues/questions that RWG session attendees have concerning requirements development and management
- Supported WG MarketPlace
Thanks to Rick Zinni, there is a detailed set of minutes of each days activities posted on the RWG IW 2018 Connect web pages along with a copy of all presentations and associated documents discussed at IW 2018.
A major priority for TechOps is an increase in the collaboration between working groups, so I want to thank members of the Tool Integration & Model Lifecycle Management (TIMLM), Oil & Gas, and Ontology Working Groups for their presentations at the Joint WG sessions.
Besides the enlightening presentations and resulting discussions and the collaboration between working groups, a major outcome of IW 2018 was a plan for RWG 2018 activities. These include:
- Maintain the popular INCOSE Guide for Writing Requirements
- Incorporate final review comments and baseline the RWG document: Integrated Data as a Foundation of SE
- Update current webinar-based training for the Guide for Writing Requirements to incorporate changes made in the latest version of the Guide.
- Actively participate in IS 2018 – this will include RWG members presentation of papers as well as a short presentation on the Guide.
- Continue work on the Supplement to the Guide for Writing Requirements with a case study: coffee machine
- Populate the Requirements section of the MBSE wiki
- Begin development of a new INCOSE product. At IW 2018, it was pointed out that given we have a Guide for Writing Requirements, we should also develop a Guide for Managing Requirements.
- Work with the ITMLM WG to support their efforts to update the INCOSE SE tool data base
- Maintain the RWG public and Connect web sites
A big thank you all for all that attended the RWG sessions and making IW 2018 a big success!!